The Lost Shinmahs eBook Kevan Dinn

The Lost Shinmahs eBook Kevan Dinn
An entertaining read for fans of classic/epic fantasy, admittedly a genre I haven't read for a while. Kevan Dinn's talents are especially evident in world-building and immersive descriptions of the settings in this first volume. One of the challenges with writing in this genre is dealing with backstory, and here I have to admit that I skipped some sections where there was too much info-dumping. Additional editing would have helped fix typos and some issues with pacing. Overall, though, it was an enjoyable story and I look forward to the next book.
Tags : The Lost Shinmahs - Kindle edition by Kevan Dinn. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading The Lost Shinmahs.,ebook,Kevan Dinn,The Lost Shinmahs,Fiction Coming of Age,Fiction Fantasy Epic
The Lost Shinmahs eBook Kevan Dinn Reviews
Just love the set. Difficult to put down. Cant wait for the next book to come out. Well worth the read.
very goog book. cant wait for the second book. love the fast pace of the story... hope the author will finished the nxt book already...... recomend for all.....
It will leave you hunting for the next one! Took a while for me to get to it, but once I did, could not put it down!
The book has numerous details of the things described. Every place every thing, the wars and the warriors have a lot of details. But the book misses it's pace. It's too slow at times. It took a lot of my energy to finish the book. It could've been better. The events could've been more interesting. Everything was smooth and expected. The author obviously favors the positive characters. Over all it's a nice read, one should go for it.
I have always loved fantasy, and The Lost Shinmahs is one of the few books that has all the meat and not so much spice that the flavor of the meat is lost in a confusing melange.
Interesting premises, sharply drawn characters, enough dark to make the light interesting.
Some unwieldy dialogues, and a very easy kill of a much-vaunted villain were the only flaws.
Waiting for the next installment!
I found this book when the author posted about it in the Sword and Laser book club "Author Promo" section. It was available as a free book one weekend, so I grabbed it (note, it can still be "borrowed" via the Prime lending system for free, if you're a Prime member).
All in all, it was a good, not great, book. The book was desperately in need of an editor there were parts that were rushed, parts that plodded along, and a variety of typos and mis-spellings. That said, I can't really fault the book for these issues...it looks like it was one of those books where the author self-published, and you don't get the fancy editors until you go with a publisher...and let's face it, most books have typos. I also think that the author is either from the UK or some other British-influenced country; there were many turns of phrase and colloquialisms that you just don't find in American English. As for the plot, it was somewhat basic and predictable, but at least it was fun. If I had a major gripe with the plot, it's that it didn't take enough turns and that the main characters were all too safe. For everything that was going on, it never felt like any of the major characters were in any real danger. I suppose that not every author can be George R.R. Martin, but really, you always got the impression that the main characters would be OK. And, as I noted, the pacing in this book was off.
That all said, I enjoyed it well enough. It was a quick and easy read and I probably wouldn't feel gyp'd even if I had paid the U$3 for it. One slight note, in case you decide to read it, though, is that though the book has a definite end to the main story arc, it's obviously the "first in series of X" thing and some rather major aspects of character development and action will be coming in future tomes...
This is a brilliantly-imagined, compellingly-told, superbly-pacy fantasy fiction, highly recommended for young adults, their parents and just about anyone else! That the mind is the ultimate weapon, not expounded as the wishful thinking of bookish weaklings in the privacy of their imagination, but woven into a beautifully-written story, in an aspirational setting of youth, ambition, power, good versus evil, action and scintillating pace, makes the concept as appealing as powerful. And the concept itself is not a bare statement; many dimensions of the mind are imaginatively conceived and seamlessly threaded into the narrative - be it the idea of mind communication, kindred souls, mind-enhanced physical power or pure mind weaponry. The crisp-yet-flowing prose, clean language and lack of rhetorical excess make for a refreshing change, reminiscent of early-day Jeffrey Archer. Language and imagination match pace to render the action sequences, actually the entire narrative, quite a page-turner. A highly-entertaining first in a series! I look forward to the next!
An entertaining read for fans of classic/epic fantasy, admittedly a genre I haven't read for a while. Kevan Dinn's talents are especially evident in world-building and immersive descriptions of the settings in this first volume. One of the challenges with writing in this genre is dealing with backstory, and here I have to admit that I skipped some sections where there was too much info-dumping. Additional editing would have helped fix typos and some issues with pacing. Overall, though, it was an enjoyable story and I look forward to the next book.

0 Response to "[KK7]⋙ Descargar Free The Lost Shinmahs eBook Kevan Dinn"
Post a Comment