site hit counter

[DER]⋙ Descargar Free Witchlanders Lena Coakley Books

Witchlanders Lena Coakley Books



Download As PDF : Witchlanders Lena Coakley Books

Download PDF Witchlanders Lena Coakley Books


Witchlanders Lena Coakley Books

I picked this up off of S&S's Galley Grab because I thought it looked interesting...and it was. "Witchlanders" is an incredibly intriguing story, one that will be hard to put down. I wasn't sure what to expect going on. I was surprised, although incredibly pleased, to find out the story is told through two different male point-of-views. Lena Coakley managed to create two incredibly believable male characters: Ryder and Falpian.

In the beginning, I found myself disliking Ryder, a witchlander. He's grown up not believing in witches and magic. He's believed that his mother found magic to be foolish, until he finds her throwing the bones. She sees danger coming and Ryder thinks she's acting foolish, insisting that there is no danger headed their way. When the coven comes to decide if the village is in danger, as Ryder's mother suggested, they tell her that she was wrong. And she willingly accepts their decision, for you do not question the witches. As they make their way back, the coven leaves with Ryder's two sisters, leaving him alone with his mother. After speaking with his mother, Ryder sets off to the river in search of a fish for her, the only food she's willing to eat. What he doesn't realize is that she's trying to keep him safe. For her bones were right, there is danger headed their way, a danger built from the earth itself - a danger that can't harm them in the river.

It isn't until the attack that Ryder begins to realize his mother was right. He sets off to the coven, only to be told that his mother was responsible for the attack, something he swears isn't possible. It's hard not to sympathize with him at this point. He's not sure what's happened to his mother, his sisters are now living with the coven, and his father passed leaving him the man of the house. He could stay behind with his sisters, stay with the coven his mother hates, or he can fix things. There's a baen in his head, he hears them in his dreams, and he's going to find them and kill them.

Trying not to spoil the rest of the story, I'll go on to say this: "Witchlanders" is an engrossing fantasy novel. This is a book worth checking out.

Read Witchlanders Lena Coakley Books

Tags : Amazon.com: Witchlanders (9781442420045): Lena Coakley: Books,Lena Coakley,Witchlanders,Atheneum Books for Young Readers,1442420049,Fantasy - General,Fantasy,Fantasy.,Magic,War,War;Fiction.,Witches,Witches;Fiction.,Action & Adventure - General,Adventure stories (Children's Teenage),Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9),Fairy Tales & Folklore - General,Fantasy & Magic,Fiction,Fiction-Fantasy,JUVENILE,JUVENILE FICTION Action & Adventure General,JUVENILE FICTION Fairy Tales & Folklore General,JUVENILE FICTION Science Fiction General,Juvenile Fiction,Juvenile FictionFairy Tales & Folklore - General,Juvenile FictionFantasy & Magic,Juvenile Grades 7-9 Ages 12-14,TEEN'S FICTION - ACTION & ADVENTURE,TEEN'S FICTION FANTASY,United States,War,War;Fiction.,Witches,Witches;Fiction.,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Action & Adventure General,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Fairy Tales & Folklore General,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Fantasy General,Young Adult Fiction,Action & Adventure - General,Fairy Tales & Folklore - General,Fantasy & Magic,JUVENILE FICTION Action & Adventure General,JUVENILE FICTION Fairy Tales & Folklore General,JUVENILE FICTION Science Fiction General,Juvenile FictionFairy Tales & Folklore - General,Juvenile FictionFantasy & Magic,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Action & Adventure General,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Fairy Tales & Folklore General,YOUNG ADULT FICTION Fantasy General,Young Adult Fiction,Fiction,Children: Young Adult (Gr. 7-9),Adventure stories (Children's Teenage)

Witchlanders Lena Coakley Books Reviews


Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty A unique fantasy with a fantastic and believable world that revolves around magic, fascinating creatures, and well rounded characters.

Opening Sentence Ryder woke to the sound of clattering bones.

The Review

Witchlanders by Lena Coakley is a world filled with magic and fantasy. Not only does Witchlanders contain witches, but it also contains a very detailed world and a culture full of religious beliefs.

We begin the story with Ryder, the eldest son of a witchlander, who lives on the hills between the coven and the town. Along with his two sisters, they care for their land and also for their mother. One evening, Ryder finds his mother reading the future through bones thrown in a bowl. Regardless of the promise to never throw those bones again, she seeks for signs of danger in their future. In the midst of an ongoing war between the Witchlanders and the Baen people, Ryder is caught between his mother's beliefs and his own. But who will he believe? What will he do to save his town from danger?

A decision creates a ripple as fast as fire to dry bush, and Ryder must take a journey and own up to his responsibility and his actions alone. There are questions left unanswered, and some answers too surprising even for Ryder. Ryder grows up a lot on this journey, accepting changes physically and spiritually. Never believing in his mother's beliefs, he finds that he holds magic, and possibly share the same beliefs after all.

Falpian is the Baen, a young boy who has it all. Spoiled by riches and luxury, the one thing that he covets is his father's approval. Without it, he feels he amounts to nothing. He mourns the death of his brother, and is somewhat exiled at the edge of the Baen border. Living in solitude, Falpian must find who he is and what his purpose in life is. Falpian meets an unexpected stranger and learns truths that shake the very core of his being. Who will he choose to trust and will he survive the journey to the truth?

Coakley surprised me with the world that she created. I must be honest and say that I was expecting a female protagonist. Only because of the cover art, but that is neither here nor there. Coakley's world is so imaginative and detailed, that it became real. The hills that belong to Ryder, or the landscape that Falpian saw each morning, I was there alongside them, taking it all in.

The alternating point-of-views were a little confusing. I felt that a majority of the story belonged to Ryder, and that Falpian was an afterthought. I would have liked to understand Falpian more, and delve into his past and what past experiences made him who he is today. Both Ryder and Falpian each have their own struggles, and despite my wants and needs for this story, Coakley did a fantastic job writing their differences and conflicts, yet putting them in this linear timeline. They had symbolic parallels, adding to the engaging experience of the world.

FTC Advisory Simon & Schuster provided me with a copy of Witchlanders. No goody bags, sponsorships, "material connections," or bribes were exchanged for my review.
I really enjoyed this story. It kept me hooked from the beginning. There was great adventure and some very suspenseful moments.
Loved it! I'm usually hesitant to read fantasy because some made-up worlds get confusing, and I lose interest. But that definitely wasn't the case for this story. Great plot twists and characters that I really cared about. Highly recommended.
I loved this book when I bought it a few years ago so I bought it for my best friend as a gift! Hope she likes it as much as I did!
Didn’t order.
I picked this up off of S&S's Galley Grab because I thought it looked interesting...and it was. "Witchlanders" is an incredibly intriguing story, one that will be hard to put down. I wasn't sure what to expect going on. I was surprised, although incredibly pleased, to find out the story is told through two different male point-of-views. Lena Coakley managed to create two incredibly believable male characters Ryder and Falpian.

In the beginning, I found myself disliking Ryder, a witchlander. He's grown up not believing in witches and magic. He's believed that his mother found magic to be foolish, until he finds her throwing the bones. She sees danger coming and Ryder thinks she's acting foolish, insisting that there is no danger headed their way. When the coven comes to decide if the village is in danger, as Ryder's mother suggested, they tell her that she was wrong. And she willingly accepts their decision, for you do not question the witches. As they make their way back, the coven leaves with Ryder's two sisters, leaving him alone with his mother. After speaking with his mother, Ryder sets off to the river in search of a fish for her, the only food she's willing to eat. What he doesn't realize is that she's trying to keep him safe. For her bones were right, there is danger headed their way, a danger built from the earth itself - a danger that can't harm them in the river.

It isn't until the attack that Ryder begins to realize his mother was right. He sets off to the coven, only to be told that his mother was responsible for the attack, something he swears isn't possible. It's hard not to sympathize with him at this point. He's not sure what's happened to his mother, his sisters are now living with the coven, and his father passed leaving him the man of the house. He could stay behind with his sisters, stay with the coven his mother hates, or he can fix things. There's a baen in his head, he hears them in his dreams, and he's going to find them and kill them.

Trying not to spoil the rest of the story, I'll go on to say this "Witchlanders" is an engrossing fantasy novel. This is a book worth checking out.
Ebook PDF Witchlanders Lena Coakley Books

0 Response to "[DER]⋙ Descargar Free Witchlanders Lena Coakley Books"

Post a Comment